Parking Study: There is an Abundance of Parking Surrounding Commercial Drive
By Slow Streets
Parking is certainly important for providing delivery and customer access to businesses. However concerns about losing parking spaces on Commercial Drive if a Complete Street is implemented are unwarranted. Slow Streets conducted a parking inventory finding that there are over 700 public parking stalls surrounding Commercial Drive (between Grandview Highway and 1st Avenue). 87% of parking stalls are located off Commercial Drive and are available to the public for free, with the remaining 13% being paid meters. Implementing a Complete Street on Commercial Drive would have no impact on the total parking both on and off Commercial Drive. What does this mean for Commercial Drive? Slow Streets will be releasing a report on January 19th with full details.